Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Class exercise A: Design a creative machine [follow-up]

Machine #1
I attempted to improve the creative juice machine. Just a bit of add-on. A cool juicer at the end of the cable so it's more convenient to collect the liquid and some colour to highlight my sketch.


Machine #2
I decided to also try something different. The first thing I thought of was the difficulty of capturing pictures based on the current mood a photographer has. That is tough because camera shots that turn out on photographs are largely based on the environment (lighting, weather, subject etc,.) If there could be a camera that captures exactly how i feel like it should be, that would be perfect.

How it works
1. Sensor pads are used here at either ends of the camera. From the warmth of the fingers, body movements and heartbeat, it can detect how the photographer is feeling.

2. The camera then adjusts its shoot mode fixtures and tunes itself to suit the photographer's needs.

With the rising popularity of huge DSLR's everywhere, I suppose the dream model I sketched shouldn't be too far away huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Machine #1:
Adding the juice box improves the visual message by explaining the source of juice (liquid). This is a better design vs the one you uploaded on Monday.

Machine #2:
I've 2 questions.

If the camera always adjusts itself to suit the photographer. Let's say an emo photographer covers an energetic sports event.

Won't the photos be affected negatively? How does the machine enhance the photographer's creativity by 100 times?

Appreciate your efforts in drawing extra machine prototypes!

Regards,
Zhixiong
DW2 Tutor

CHIAN YULING : ) said...

The sensor pads are an optional feature to use. Like how camera flash works.

I should have included this detail in the design:(