Machine #1
The first lesson in the course already got me pretty excited for the following weeks to come. I know it wouldn't be easy especially for people (ME) without proper training in fine arts but I guess it's a good chance to discover the students' design potentials.
Speaking of potential, I am pretty certain the first lesson was just a... uhm... beginning. Looking at the raw piece of sketch I came up with in about fifteen minutes, it's hard to tell what design potential I possess. : (
How it works
The creative machine that could enhance my creativity by 100 times is somewhat futuristic and touching less on the technicality of it. It's basically a cable (complete with USB head) that churns out creative juices on the go.
The laptop would store a hard disk drive of abundant information.
1. Plug the cable into your laptop.
A pre-installed program pops up and prompts for selection of the "creativity category" you require. E.g. Painting, Writing, Acting, whatever.
2. Select the category you need from the probable indexed list.
A "Generating Information.." message appears
3. Click "JUICE IT". And..
Your cuppa ideas are all in.
The first lesson in the course already got me pretty excited for the following weeks to come. I know it wouldn't be easy especially for people (ME) without proper training in fine arts but I guess it's a good chance to discover the students' design potentials.
Speaking of potential, I am pretty certain the first lesson was just a... uhm... beginning. Looking at the raw piece of sketch I came up with in about fifteen minutes, it's hard to tell what design potential I possess. : (
How it works
The creative machine that could enhance my creativity by 100 times is somewhat futuristic and touching less on the technicality of it. It's basically a cable (complete with USB head) that churns out creative juices on the go.
The laptop would store a hard disk drive of abundant information.
1. Plug the cable into your laptop.
A pre-installed program pops up and prompts for selection of the "creativity category" you require. E.g. Painting, Writing, Acting, whatever.
2. Select the category you need from the probable indexed list.
A "Generating Information.." message appears
3. Click "JUICE IT". And..
Your cuppa ideas are all in.

I grew less inspirational and started sketching some more random subjects onto the paper. Little did I expect the class exercise to be up on the blog. So just for fun, the really really raw sketch below.

I should try to improve on it sometime this week.
2 comments:
Between the 2 images uploaded on Monday, I prefer the first one.
The second one has an unclear story of 2 people standing inside a hut. The short guy wants juice but there is no information that consuming juice will lead him to heaven.
The path towards heaven... represents the sky or the road? If the entire path represents the sky, draw more clouds to support it.
Hello Zhixiong,
thanks for the useful comments!
actually the second picture was drawn without any relation to the topic. Ooops. I just drew it while waiting for the class to end not knowing it was to be uploaded here. hehe.
the first picture was edited.
Post a Comment